• 游客
  • 发表于 2009-04-04 20:30:23 
    引用 1
  • 摘要: 20 Looking for a Job求职听音朗读下列单词 Read Aloud After the Recordtie in with /??????????/ 与……有联系pointer /???????/ n. 暗示white-c ...
  • 20 Looking for a Job

    求职

    听音朗读下列单词 Read Aloud After the Record

    tie in with /??????????/ 与……有联系

    pointer /???????/ n. 暗示

    white-color /??????????/ a. 脑力劳动的

    quit /????/ v. 停止;辞职

    impression /?????????/ n. 印象

    look over /?????????/ 查看,检查

    apply /??????/ v. 应用;申请

    be particular about /??????????????????????/ 对……苛求

    appearance /?????????/ n. 出现;外貌

    alert /??????/ a. 警觉机灵的

    employment /???????????/ n. 雇用;职业

    qualification /??????????????/ n. 资格

    be on vacation /????????????????/ 在度假

    investigate /????????????/ vt. 调查

    employ /???????/ vt. 雇用;使用

    look up /??????/ 查对,查寻

    reference /????????/ n. 证明人,介绍人

    go through /????????/ 经历;全面检查

    听下列对话,练习跟读自读 Listen and Practise

    场景提示

    A sophomore wants to look for a summer job that would tie in with her studies so she’s asking her father for advice on how to get a job.

    一个大二学生想找一个与自己专业有关联的夏季临时工作,所以她向父亲请教如何找工作。

    Joan: Dad could you give me a few pointers on how to get a job?

    琼:爸爸,您能教我如何找工作吗?

    Mr. Baker: Glad to do what I can. What kind of a job do you want?

    倍克先生:愿意尽我所能。你打算找哪种工作呢?

    Joan: Oh any kind of white-collar job just so I get paid. I’ll be quitting in a couple of months anyway.

    琼:一般职员就可以,挣钱就行,反正几个月我就要辞去的。

    Mr. Baker: No. You’d better look for something special or you’ll give the impression that you can’t do anything well and you’ll never interest an employer that way.

    倍克先生:不对,你最好找件专门的事情做做,否则你就会给人家一个印象你什么事都做不好,这样,你也永远不会引起雇主的注意的。

    Joan: Gee I hadn’t thought of that. Now I suppose I ought to try to get something in business line since that’s my major in college.

    琼:唔,这个我从未想到过。现在我认为我应当设法从商才对,因为在大学我是专门学商的。

    Mr. Baker: You might look over want ads for opening in that field. You might even apply directly to some of the big department stores.

    倍克先生:你可以把招聘广告中那一方面看一下,甚至可以直接向几个大百货商店申请。

    Joan: Anything else?

    琼:还有什么建议吗?

    Mr. Baker: You’d be particular about your personal appearance. Just act naturally. Be alert and interested of course.

    倍克先生:你应当特别注意你的仪表。表现自然一点。当然要机敏,对人要注意。

    Joan: I’ll remember what you said. Thanks Dad.

    琼:我会记住你说的话。谢谢爸爸。

    Mr. Baker: So long son and good luck.

    倍克先生:再见,孩子,祝一帆风顺。

    (Her classmate John answers several advertisements but finds in each place that the vacancy has been filled or that a man with experience is wanted. At last he decided to try one department store.)

    (她的同学约翰应征了几家广告,但是每处不是没有空缺,便是要找一个对业务有经验的。最后他决定再去试一家百货商店。)

    Girl: Good afternoon sir. What can I do for you?

    女孩:先生,下午好。有事吗?

    John: I’d like to see the manager please.

    约翰:我要见经理,请通报一声。

    Girl: Have you an appointment?

    女孩:曾经约好的吗?

    John: No I haven’t. Is it necessary?

    约翰:没有,不约好可以见吗?

    Girl: Will you sit over there? I’ll ask Mr. Ketcham if he’ll see you.

    女孩:您在那边坐一坐好吗?我去问问凯查姆先生是否愿意见您一下。

    (She leaves and in a moment returns to beckon John to Mr. Ketcham’s private office.)

    (她离去了,过了一会儿,回来招呼约翰到凯查姆先生的私人办公室去。)

    Mr. Ketcham: Good afternoon young man. I suppose you are looking for employment?

    凯查姆先生:下午好,老弟。我想你是求职的吧?

    John: Yes I’d like to work until my collage reopens in September.

    约翰:是的,我想在9月开学前做一段事情。

    Mr. Ketcham: What qualifications do you have for department store work?

    凯查姆先生:你有什么适于百货商店工作的资历吗?

    John: I’ve worked in a small department store during Christmas shopping season and I’m majoring in business administration in college.

    约翰:在过去一个圣诞节商店繁忙期间,我曾在一家百货商店里工作过。在大学我专攻商业管理。

    Mr. Ketcham: It just happens that we need a few salesmen now to replace those who are on vacation. How soon would you be able to start work?

    凯查姆先生:现在碰巧我们需要几位售货员代替那些现在度假的。你什么时候能开始来工作呢?

    John: Any time.

    约翰:随时都可以。

    Mr. Ketcham: Tomorrow morning at nine-thirty. We usually try to investigate a person’s character quite thoroughly before we employ him but we’re rather urgently in need of some salesmen. So I’ll have Miss Green give you an application form. You can fill it out right away and we’ll look up your references while you go through your period of training. Any other questions?

    凯查姆先生:明天上午九点半吧。在我们雇用一个人以前,通常要把他的品格调查清楚,不过我们现在急需人,所以我就吩咐格林小姐给你一份申请书,现在你就可以把它填好。在训练期间,我们去向你的证明人查对。还有什么别的问题吗?

    John: No I don’t think so. Thank you very much Mr. Ketcham.

    约翰:不,我想没有了。非常感谢,凯查姆先生。

    增 值 英 语

    1. You might look over want ads for opening in that field.

    你可以把招聘广告中那一方面看一下。

    1)ad为advertisement的缩写。

    want ad〈口〉招聘广告;征求广告

    2) opening = vacancy 空缺

    2. So long son and good luck. 再见,孩子,祝一帆风顺。

    1)so long 比 good-bye 更随便。

    2)Good luck. 祝你走运。

    还可说:Good luck to you; The best of luck.

    3. Have you an appointment? 曾经约好了吗?

    英美人要与人见面或拜访某人时,大都会事先以电话或书信和对方先约好。尤其是有关工作的会面,一定要有会面的约定。

    4. 在“It just happens that(碰巧)...”中,that 从句为真实主语,it为形式主语。

    熟读背诵下列句子 Read and Recite

    1.What is your degree in? 你有哪方面的学历?

    2. What would be expected of me? 你们对我有什么期望?

    3. What are your qualifications? 你都有些什么资历?

    4. Although I’m still a little new to all this. But I’m sure I can make it.

    虽然我在这方面还是个新手,但我肯定能做好。

    5. Here are my references and my portfolio. 这是我的推荐信件和作品集。

  • 关键词:入门  提高  英语  
    上一篇: 英语学习入门 下一篇: 英语口语入门之“我想请你”